Conditions Of Sale Applicable To Consignors
By participating in the auction the consignor is subject to the following conditions which are a constituent part of each written contract.
- The consignor authorizes Ineichen auctioneers to sell at auction the objects according to the separate agreement, on behalf and for the account of the consignor.
- The reserve prices including commission according the terms of agreement are binding in reference to the settlement.
- The consignor will be charged the commission agreed on, of the hammer prices. Independent of a sale, costs for insurance, illustrations, repairs and other expenses will be charged as well as the Swiss VAT.
- The description of objects is made to the best of knowledge and belief of the auctioneer and does represent his opinion. Ineichen auctioneers is not bound to any description or statements provided by the consignor.
- The auctioneer is holding the right of possession, referring to all documents and illustrations concerning the catalogue made, in his or the consignor's name.
- Accounting and payment to the consignor is made within forty days from close of auction and will be determined on the base of the signed contract with payment instructions, presumed the purchases have been paid by the buyer.
- If the buyer delays payment, or does not fulfill his obligations or a forgery was recognized as such, the consignor is obliged to take back the allocated objects, without the right to any refund, and he is also liable to repay all, what he already may have received.
- Withdrawal of objects included in the written contract will be charged to the consignor with 20% of the reserve price, without prejudice to the auctioneer's right of submitting a claim for further damages.
- Insurance, covering theft, damage or destruction of objects up to the value of the reserve prices, is valid till the auction sale or latest sixty days after the auction.
- The seat of the Auction House located at Zurich 4, is the acknowledged place of performance and jurisdiction.
Timepieces and Jewelry Auction No.170. May 2019
Ineichen Auctioneers are specialized in pocket, wrist watches and clocks since 1973. In the seventies and eighties Ineichen Auctioneers, a small but now highly renowned auction house realized several world records at auctions, especially for pocket watches.